[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] Developer support channels

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Sep 27 05:05:55 PDT 2021

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 09:57:08AM +0100, Tim Sutton wrote:

> I think Nyall is less concerned with spam than with off topic noise. And
> how about we make the group read for all but to write in it you have to be
> able to demonstrate that you are a contributor rather than just a user? Is
> that possible in matrix?

Yes, matrix has a flexible "power levels" mechanism so that you can
define how much power is needed for the "Send messages" privilege
and assign that much power to group of users.

See https://matrix.org/docs/guides/moderation

The IRC comment I made was to still be able to attend such a new room
of QGIS w/out having a Matrix console client. Drag & drop with Matrix
is supported, and nicely converts to IRC links I can click to watch
what you pasted :)

--strk;