[QGIS-Developer] Mismatch detected with RuntimeLibrary when building QGIS in MSVS 2022

Paul Gathogo pgathogo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 08:57:53 PST 2022

Hello Devs,

Am getting the following linker errors (many) when building QGIS in MSVC
2022, it seems the conflict is related to libprotobuf-lite.lib library.
However, on my CMakeList file, I have specified the entry *Protobuf_LIBRARIES
= libprotobuf.lib* (which I suspect is the debug version of the library)

*Error LNK2038 mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0'
doesn't match value '2'in mocs_compilation_Debug.obj qgis_core
\build\src\core\libprotobuf-lite.lib(zero_copy_stream_impl.cc.obj)
1ibprotobuf-lite.lib(implicit_weak_message.cc.obj) : error LNK2038:
mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match
value '2' in mocs_compilation_Debug.obj*

What am I missing?

Many thanks,
Paul