[QGIS-Developer] QGIS budget 2023 RFC

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Thu Dec 8 03:24:51 PST 2022

Hi everyone,

just a quick note, next to the super interesting and important
discussion that happened already.

I think it is fantastic that there will be a dedicated person doing
documentation work. Documentation created by many hands and minds is
often very varying in tone, detail, quality, up-to-dateness etc, plus it
is a lot of work to even just contribute small things, so this is a
great opportunity to "collect the threads".

Thank you for investing in this!

Cheers, Hannes

PS: I recently read into https://diataxis.fr/ and this looks like a
great framework IF docs are meant to be significantly cleaned up and
restructed.

Am 24.11.22 um 13:31 schrieb Andreas Neumann via QGIS-Developer:
> Hi all,
>
> Maybe we should a few explanations to the budget draft - since there
> are some substantial changes compared to the last year budget.
>
> We increased two budget items:
>
>   * Maintenance / Sysadmin QGIS.ORG <http://QGIS.ORG> server
>     infrastructure
>   * QGIS documentation contribution
>
> The intention is to allow for a regular small salary on these two
> items for one person on each item. It is an experiment next year - and
> if it works out well, we may continue in 2024.
>
> In exchange for these two increases we had to decrease other items. We
> slightly decreased the "bug fixing" positions, and unfortunately also
> the "QGIS grant" section had to be reduced to 10k.
>
> If there is additional income, we can again increase the bug fixing
> items. We'll also monitor the 2022 income and if it increases
> substantially until the end of the year, we will probably increase the
> bug fixing items.
>
> Do you have any questions or remarks on the budget draft for 2023?
>
> Thank you for your feedback,
> Andreas
>
> On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 at 12:07, Marco Bernasocchi via QGIS-Developer
> <qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>     we prepared the QGIS budget for 2023 and would like to have
>     feedback before submitting it to the voting members for approval.
>     You can directly leave comments in the file [1].
>
>     Please let us have any Feedback until December 4th. On december
>     7th we'll send the budget for vote.
>
>     Cheers
>     Marco
>
>     [1]
>     https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WyoZCKOehNhU5YB4pFPOuiJbie1mUmMPiq8YW7qyez0/edit?usp=sharing
>
>     --
>     Marco Bernasocchi
>
>     QGIS.org Chair
>     OPENGIS.ch CEO
>     http://berna.io

> Andreas Neumann
> QGIS.ORG <http://QGIS.ORG> board member (treasurer)

Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater

Where2B Konferenz 2022
15. Dezember 2022 in Bonn und Online
https://where2b-conference.com/

WhereGroup GmbH