[QGIS-Developer] Problems configuring the statusBar

afernandez afernandez at odyhpc.com
Sun Dec 11 16:42:12 PST 2022

Hi Nyall,
Obviously I'm not an expert in Qt/QGIS (only been using it for a few weeks)
and still have many things to learn. Most of the code works fine (by
staying away from very complex structures) and styling widgets has been no
problem until now when trying to do anything with the statusBar. From your
comment, I went back to the PyQGISDeveloperCookbook(v3.22) and snippets
like
myicon =
QIcon("/home/ubuntu/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/app/appicon.png")

iface.mainWindow().setWindowIcon(myicon)
iface.mainWindow().setWindowTitle("Tailoring QGIS")
had worked in the past. One problem has been to find specific documentation
about iface.mainWindow().statusBar(), let alone examples and those online
(e.g.
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/210327/how-to-display-qgis-processing-bar-from-a-plugin)
kind of suggests that my initial snippet could work. I'll continue reading
the cookbook tomorrow but, in the meantime, is there any other
documentation discussing iface in general or iface.mainWindow().statusBar()
that I should also be reading? (Note: I also checked
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qstatusbar.html)
Thanks,
AF
P.S. Again sorry about the extra messages that shouldn't have been sent to
the thread (hopefully it won't happen again)