[QGIS-Developer] Problems configuring the statusBar

afernandez afernandez at odyhpc.com
Mon Dec 12 18:40:04 PST 2022

Hello Johannes,
Querying was how I found the method
self.iface.mainWindow().statusBar().styleSheet() along with many others. I
circled back and tried to use 'help' to figure out what I was missing.
However, help for self.iface.mainWindow().statusBar().styleSheet() only
tells me that styleSheet is a method of the self.iface.mainWindow.statusBar
instance that returns a string. I also explored another method
self.iface.mainWindow().statusBar().setFont(), which is supposed to take a
QFont, but I still haven't been able to make it work properly either.
The bottom line is that I can add widgets to the statusBar and style them,
but even changing the font type for the whole statusBar remains elusive. At
least this route allows me to move on with the project while I figure out
all the other details.
Thanks,
AF