[QGIS-Developer] Building pyqgis doc locally

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 23:25:15 PST 2022

Hi Matteo,

The main issue is that the website is added to a branch (gh-pages) and is
versioned.
>From time to time, I squash the commits and force push to avoid such a
large size (obviously, it's been a while since I didn't do it).
I am a bit reluctant at squashing / force pushing directly from the
workflow as any error would mean losing the pages (potentially losing the
older versions).

By fetching only the master branch you should be better.
Then, building docs shouldn't take too long. What duration are you
experiencing?

Another approach is to do a PR on the repo, you will have a built example
at https://qgis.org/pyqgis/master_PRXX (replace XX) when it's finished.

I believe it would require a bit of love to improve this workflow and drop
the gh-pages branch.

I hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,
Denis