[QGIS-Developer] Skip loading plugin if errors

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 00:58:40 PST 2022

Hi devs,

I'm developing a Processing provider plugin that needs some external
python packages. If these are not installed on the system, when starting
QGIS and loading the plugin the error message pops up (of course).

Is there a way to have a "more friendly" message without opening the
Stacktrace? For example creating a messagebox/bar with the message
"Install the package...... else you cannot use the plugin"

I've added a simple try/except in the plugin classFactory method but I'm
still stuck in the loop somewhere.

Thanks for any suggestion

Cheers

Matteo