[QGIS-Developer] Skip loading plugin if errors

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 05:58:13 PST 2022

Another solution, not the best one and working just because the plugin
is a Processing provider would be to put

try:
     import external_library
except ImportError:
     raise QgsProcessingException(self.tr('This algorithm requires the
Python ...... library. Please install this library and try again.'))

within the processAlgorithm method. I know that if there are many
algorithms you have to repeat the code for each one, and that if the
algorithm has many parameters, the user fills all of them and it's not
nice to inform after, but.... :)

Cheers

Matteo