[QGIS-Developer] OSGEO4W and fully reproducible open source build recipes?

Thu Feb 17 14:58:09 PST 2022

Hi,

*## The context*:

OSGEO4W  is not mentioned to install GDAL at
https://gdal.org/download.html#binaries
I want to add it to the doc e.g
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2022-February/055460.html
I posted here as Jürgen Fischer is lurking around this mailing list and I
was not sure the best place was here or the repo
https://github.com/jef-n/OSGeo4W to get an answer concerning below
requirements for docs on GDAL side (already got an answer for gisinternal
part on the original post)

*## Answer in the mailing list *(following my question):

> One criterion currently for inclusion is: "In this section we list a
> number of the binary distributions of GDAL all of which should have
> fully reproducible open source build recipes."
>
> I've not evaluated what the current situation of OSGeo4W or gisinternals
> is regarding this, especially regarding all direct and indirect
> dependencies of GDAL (or course, that must stop at the compiler level
> when using Visual Studio). I believe nowadays OSGeo4W must be closer to
> that aim of having fully reproducible builds, but I'm not sure to which
> extent. For gisinternals I'm not sure. It was my impression that the
> build recipees for the dependencies were not available, but maybe I'm
> wrong. I'll let the developers of those distributions comment further if
> they wish.
>
> Even

Thanks for your feedback if any

Regards