[QGIS-Developer] Translations

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 08:08:59 PST 2022

Hi,
Thanks to both for the feedback. It confirms some assumptions I had.

Le jeu. 17 févr. 2022 à 20:39, Regina Obe <lr at pcorp.us> a écrit :

> > Other advantages I see (but could be just me) are:
> >
> >   - Translators don't need to use proprietary software
> >   - Translators don't need an account on yet another platform
> >     (OSGeo ID can be used for all aspects of PostGIS:
> trac/gitea/translate/CI)
> >
> > > Many questions and there are probably some I can find their answers in
> > > the weblate doc. So if you wanna share your specific experience of
> > > migration, it would be nice.
> >
> > We've always kept the ability to translate locally, and will keep doing
> that, so
> > that migration is really "just" a *users* migration
> > (ie: those users who might be accustomed to one platform are required to
> > move to another one).
> >
> > Regina may have a better view on the topic.
> >
> > --strk;
> [Regina Obe]
> One thing I really liked about weblate is that you can see the authorship
> of
> the translations in the commits.
> So our translators are not lost in the git history.  I don't think that was
> possible on transifex, but I could be mistaken.
>
> Yes, afaict with Transifex, you have no idea who translated what (even
from within their interface, it's not obvious).
Files pulled to repo only (sometimes) show a last translator and a small
list of translators (no idea how they build it, the worst part being
Richard and myself listed as translators of languages we do not speak just
because we pulled/pushed translations in QGIS-Docs repo [0]). IMHO it's not
fair/respectful to the project translators.

[0]
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/commit/da90f3f6e50bfb42a1981875feebcc6c7bb7acc5

Regards,
Harrissou

Like here for example - shows   H Santanna (delazj) as contributor