[QGIS-Developer] Custom symbology for vectors in QgsMeshLayer

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 08:40:14 PST 2022

Hi Brian,

This has been raised before for displaying NOAA data. It is not something
possible at the moment, but we would be definitely interested in extending
mesh symbology to support other styles apart from arrows and streamlines. I
think my colleague @Peter Petrik <peter.petrik at lutraconsulting.co.uk> had
looked into this briefly in the past.

Kind regards
Saber

On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 at 17:30, Brian Haynes <bhaynes at herricktechlabs.com>
wrote:

> I would like to display vectors as wind barbs instead of the provided
> symbology (arrows, streamlines, traces).  I see that the
> QgsMeshVectorRenderer class is private, am I able to create symbology as I
> can with a category-based renderer for QgsVectorLayer?  I have wind barbs
> created and saved as .svg files and have done this successfully using
> shapefiles, but would rather knock everything out at once with the mesh
> layer as I have multiple variables I'd like to display with one layer
> instead of having to create multiple files.

Saber Razmjooei
www.lutraconsulting.co.uk