[QGIS-Developer] Pyinstaller to create stand alone app

Benjamin Jakimow benjamin.jakimow at geo.hu-berlin.de
Wed Jul 13 00:49:25 PDT 2022

Hi Luke,

it looks like your QGISenv.bat does not add the QGIS internal plugin
folder to the PYTHONPATH.

You may use something like:

set PYTHONPATH=^
%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\%QGIS_ENV%\python;^
%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\%QGIS_ENV%\python\plugins;^
%PYTHONPATH%

where OSGEO4W_ROOT is the path to where your QGIS is installed, and
QGIS_ENV the release type, e.g. "qgis" or "qgis-ltr"

Greetings, Benjamin

Am 13/07/2022 um 03:54 schrieb Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV via
QGIS-Developer:
> I have the need to launch QGIS from a python file due to some other checks I need to setup before it is running.  I convert this python file to an exe but Windows Defender flags it as a virus.  The exe is created from a batch (.cmd) file with the following calls:
>
> call "QGISenv.bat"
> call "python3.exe  jcms_authenticate.py"
>
> The jcms_authenticate.py file is what launches QGIS using a python Popen method.  I used bat2exe converter to convert my CMD file to an exe.
>
> I came across another method to convert python directly to an exe using pyinstaller but have had issues as mentioned  in the link below.  I am not using QGIS 3.4.4 but QGIS 3.16.16 and assume there is still the issue as I cannot successfully get the exe to work as I get the error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "jcms_authenticate.py", line 7, in <module>
>      from qgis.core import QgsApplication
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'qgis'
> [37080] Failed to execute script 'jcms_authenticate' due to unhandled exception!
>
> https://issues.qgis.org/issues/21341

Benjamin Jakimow, Doctoral Researcher
Earth Observation Lab | Geography Department | Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin

e-mail: benjamin.jakimow at geo.hu-berlin.de

phone:  +49 (0) 30 2093 6846
mobile: +49 (0) 157 5656 8477
fax:    +49 (0) 30 2093 6848
mail:   Unter den Linden 6 | 10099 Berlin | Germany
room: 2'211
web:    https://hu-berlin.de/eo-lab