[QGIS-Developer] QGIS freezes for minutes when updated SpatiaLite SQL Layer

SIGéal sigeal at sigeal.com
Tue Mar 22 02:24:23 PDT 2022

Hi list,

QGIS 3.22/3.24 freezes with hourglass for about 2 minutes when I click
on close button of Update SQL Layer dialog, even if I didn't modify the
query.
If I click on Execute button, I get this error : "an error occurred
while opening GPKG dbname=..."
This happens with a big database file (600 Mb), only with with query
returning hundreds of rows.

I don't have any problem at all with old behaviour on QGIS 3.16.16 : DB
Manager opened when I click on Update SQL Layer.
So this sounds clearly like a regression linked to the new "Update SQL
Layer" dialog/behaviour.

Thanks for any hint or work around,

--
Christophe Damour