[QGIS-Developer] QgsFieldCombobox already populated

pierluigi de rosa pierluigi.derosa at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 03:02:08 PDT 2022

Dear all,

since QGIS 3.22 the actual LTR I noticed that the QgsFieldCombobox is
already populated.
In particular I have a plugin that in QGIS 3.18 and previous when opening
the GUI, after selecting the layer from che QgsLayerCombobox I have to
select the field related to this layer.
Now After selecting the layer all the field combobox are already populated
with the first field in the attribute table. In this case the user has to
re-select all fields.
This change the user experience also because in my plugin sometimes I don't
have to select all fields combobox.

Is there a way to have the same behavior between QGIS 3.22 and previous
QGIS 3.18? What has changed in particular and It exists a way to restore
previous behaviour (do not fill automatically the field combobox)?

Thank you for you feedback

Pierluigi

--
Ing. Pierluigi De Rosa (PhD in Earth Science)
Contract Professor of Geographic Information System at University of Perugia