[QGIS-Developer] Override System Locale user interface with American English by Default?

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 04:11:50 PDT 2022

Hi,

I have raised this before, but I wanted to ask for it again. Currently,
QGIS default is not to Override System Locale and use the system's locale
for User interface.

If the system locale language happens to have good and reliable
translations, this works well, but when the language is incomplete or
poorly translated, this IMHO poses a problem.

The European Portuguese translation is quite poor, with many errors and bad
translations. In the end it is sometimes hard to work with the GUI in
PT_pt. To me the bad thing is it looks bad on the project reputation and
people (users) read it as a symptom of bad quality software, which is not
the case.

So, I wanted to suggest if we could have American english as the default
for the GUI? Would this  be reasonable?

Thanks,

Alexandre Neto