[QGIS-Developer] Revolt Chat Community Server

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Nov 2 17:30:49 PDT 2022

Also, revolt's terms contain:

  You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account
  and password, including but not limited to the restriction of access to
  your computer and/or account. You agree to accept responsibility for any
  and all activities or actions that occur under your account and/or
  password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party
  service.

which seems like it is trying to be an indemnification, and it is
clearly unreasonable.  I don't think it's ok for osgeo projects to ask
people to sign contracta with third parties as part of participating.
But, I realize I am likely viewed as an extremist.

That said, revolt's terms (for their site) are less troublesome than
many other centralized services.