[QGIS-Developer] Revolt Chat Community Server

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Sat Nov 5 08:18:28 PDT 2022

Sorry if this was covered before, I googled "qgis revolt gitter" and got
no hits so maybe it was not:

Apart from IRC and Matrix there is also Gitter, with four rooms
currently at https://gitter.im/qgis/home

Anita said a while ago that those are actually indexed on Google.

It seems to have a similar "richness" in terms of embedded images, slick
browser interface etc compared to Revolt.

Does Revolt bring significant benefits compared to Gitter? Probably more
control about rooms and such? Maybe also the means of logging in are bad
at Gitter, I see Github, Gitlab, Twitter and Matrix, so all fairly
involved, nerdy choices.

Cheers, Hannes