[QGIS-Developer] Question about proj data files in the QGIS application folder

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Tue Nov 8 01:05:19 PST 2022

Only if your users use transformations where certain CRSs in those areas
might be involved. If you are definitely not going to use local CRSs in
e. g. Germany or the US, you can remove those TIFs. If your users
attempt to use those CRS, they will receive a fairly descriptive error
message about certain files missing their installation so it should be
easy to fix.

Cheers, Hannes

Am 08.11.22 um 09:33 schrieb Luca Manganelli via QGIS-Developer:
> Hello,
>
> I am preparing the QGIS Windows package file (it's a zip file) for
> distribution in our organization (we don't use MSI).
>
> I noticed that the folder /share/proj contains TIF files and it weighs
> 584 MB, are they necessary for the working of the QGIS?
>
> Thank you and have a nice day
> Luca

> Comune di Trento
>
> via Belenzani, 19 - 38122 Trento | C.F e P. IVA: 00355870221
>
> tel. +39 0461.884111 | www.comune.trento.it <http://www.comune.trento.it>

Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater

Where2B Konferenz 2022
15. Dezember 2022 in Bonn und Online
https://where2b-conference.com/

WhereGroup GmbH