[QGIS-Developer] Opening, closing and removing 3D Map Views from Python?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 05:03:59 PST 2022

On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 1:31 PM Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) <
johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> thanks for your quick answer :) Dang, that's a shame but totally
> understandable at the current stage. Can't wait for being able to have
> scripting fun with it all! Is this on a roadmap or not planned so far?

It's only in my wish list, so currently no roadmap and no estimate when
this would be done...

There are no interfaces for accessing existing 3D map views either so far,
> correct?

Not really... All the 3D stuff has quite limited python support - one
reason is the fact that some classes should be moved to a library, another
reason is that we would need to get also PyQt3D dependency [1] to deal with
Qt3D objects (python bindings for Qt3D are not part of PyQt).

[1] https://riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt3d/intro

Cheers
Martin