[QGIS-Developer] QGIS budget 2023 RFC

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Thu Nov 24 04:31:13 PST 2022

Hi all,

Maybe we should a few explanations to the budget draft - since there are
some substantial changes compared to the last year budget.

We increased two budget items:

   - Maintenance / Sysadmin QGIS.ORG server infrastructure
   - QGIS documentation contribution

The intention is to allow for a regular small salary on these two items for
one person on each item. It is an experiment next year - and if it works
out well, we may continue in 2024.

In exchange for these two increases we had to decrease other items. We
slightly decreased the "bug fixing" positions, and unfortunately also the
"QGIS grant" section had to be reduced to 10k.

If there is additional income, we can again increase the bug fixing items.
We'll also monitor the 2022 income and if it increases substantially until
the end of the year, we will probably increase the bug fixing items.

Do you have any questions or remarks on the budget draft for 2023?

Thank you for your feedback,
Andreas

On Thu, 24 Nov 2022 at 12:07, Marco Bernasocchi via QGIS-Developer <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
> we prepared the QGIS budget for 2023 and would like to have feedback
> before submitting it to the voting members for approval. You can directly
> leave comments in the file [1].
>
> Please let us have any Feedback until December 4th. On december 7th we'll
> send the budget for vote.
>
> Cheers
> Marco
>
> [1]