[QGIS-Developer] Some PROJ versions are not compatible with QGIS on Linux instances

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 06:24:18 PST 2023

I don't know if this is something I should report or not. I keep getting
users submitting issues for the Lat Lon Tools plugin on Ubuntu or Fedora
because they are using a recent pyproj library and it is causing a crash. I
have them check to see if "import pyproj" works from the python console
which it invariably does not. The error is not with Lat Lon Tools, it is
likely with this call

epsg4326 = QgsCoordinateReferenceSystem('EPSG:4326')

which is called during initialization and it is because the newer versions
of PROJ seem to be incompatible.

I just have to tell them to use a QGIS supported version of PROJ.

This is just to raise awareness that there is an issue which I'm sure will
be resolved at some point.

Thanks,

Calvin