[QGIS-Developer] How to update folder with R packages in QGIS

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Wed Jan 4 13:27:43 PST 2023

Hi David,

Have a nice new year :)

Are you sure to use the right path(es)? Your first one is for a Windows
system, the second one for an Unix-like system ...

On my boxes, both places are empty, there is absolutely nothing to
update within.

In my understanding, the documentation for R scripts in QGIS [1]
describes another scenario. Perhaps it could be helpful to read the
chapters 24.10.5 and especially 24.10.6?

[1]
https://docs.qgis.org/3.22/en/docs/user_manual/processing/3rdParty.html#id13

Maybe that I am totally wrong here, but I think QGIS uses an R
installation, already present on the system. This R installation should
have the needed R packages installed and updated. In QGIS, you tell the
QGIS R provider in its processing settings, where to find this installation.

HTH.

Best wishes,
Rainer