[QGIS-Developer] Plugin Menu Text

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Jan 22 21:49:03 PST 2023

Hi Stefan,

Ah, ok clear.

One idea I had later, is: the shown text in the gui is actually the text that comes from the ts (Qt translation) files (which are 'compiled' to binary qm(?) files by (eg) Qt Linguist.
So (even the english texts in the gui) are determined by the <locale).qm file in the QGIS installation.
So if you manage to update/change the en_US.qm or de.qm in the i18n installation dir, then the gui will show THOSE strings.
Best would be probably do that during or just after installation, but maybe your python script is able to do that?
Last resort is to update the/an installer (with your custom qm files) I think?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde