[QGIS-Developer] It is possible to protect qgisserver's wms service using authentication?

Etienne Trimaille etienne.trimaille at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 08:24:59 PDT 2023

Hi,

It's something you can do in front of QGIS server. QGIS server is not
connected to any ACL system by default.

Or you can write a QGIS server plugin to add the authentication :
https://docs.qgis.org/3.28/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/server.html#access-control-filters

Or some open source webgis based on QGIS server are providing this feature
out of the box : Lizmap, QWC2,... and others as well

Regards,