[QGIS-Developer] How to find pxiels per meter resolution

Vedran Stojnović phidrho at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 01:24:49 PDT 2023

Hi Gabriele,

WGS84 is not a projection, it's an ellipsoid - a mathematical model of the
Earth. You are probably talking about the so-called "Plate carrée"
projection where latitudes and longitudes are mapped as X and Y values.
And this is a complicated thing because dX is different from dY (meridians
are ellipses and parallels are circles).

I would suggest contacting a consultant who is specialized in this area to
point you in the right direction for your custom need.
I can recommend my colleague Dražen Tutić, he is a professional in this
area and did a lot of programming in the context of mapping and projections.
You can see some of his work on
https://www.north2south.eu/map-projections-and-coordinate-reference-systems/

You can contact him via:
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/drazen-tutic-0975574
Email: info at north2south.eu

sub, 1. srp 2023. u 19:01 Gabriele Ascolese via QGIS-Developer <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> napisao je:

> Hy all,
>
> i'm developing a c++ gis using qgis api. I have a project in wgs84
> projection.
>
> I need to draw a complex poligon, so i need to find how is the pixel
> resolution per meters, so i can find how many pixel are in 1 meters and use
> this value to draw at real dimension.
>
> How can i find the pixel per meter resolution using QGIS ?  I see that
> WGS84 projection use degrees as measure unit..but i need meter.
>

> Thank you

Srdačan pozdrav / Kind regards,
Vedran Stojnović.