[QGIS-Developer] Bug in the vertex tool when snapping on a segment

Ismo Lahtinen ismo at gispo.fi
Wed Jul 26 02:44:12 PDT 2023

Hello!

Our customer reported a bug in the vertex tool when snapping on a segment
with the geometry precision enabled (
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/49311). After some studying, I thought
I found the cause and also a smooth fix for it.

So now I have a bug fix and also a test function that fails without my fix.
Shall I make a pull request or what is the best way to proceed? I decided
to ask here first because I have never made changes to the source code of
QGIS earlier. I have quite a long experience with C++ and Qt. I have read
the developers guide too. (And noticed that it is recommended to report
here first when fixing the bug but now I wasn’t sure at all if I can fix
anything.)

Best regards,

Ismo Lahtinen

Software developer