[QGIS-Developer] Re-discussing the QGIS release schedule - in combination with the quarantine rule for LTR versions

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Mar 1 01:23:52 PST 2023

Hi,

Like that other decision - that was a bit hard to find (you helped me
find it in QEP 239) - I don't know exactly where the quarantine rule
originated. I am pretty sure there was discussion.

Nyall: can you please share some background when and why it was
introduced and if this decision can be found in some QEP or PSC
decision?

Note that I am not questioning the quarantine rule - I think it makes
sense - but I want to discuss the combination of the quarantine rule
with the thinned out release cycle - and how we can improve things in
this respect.

Thank you all for the discussion,

Andreas