[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] QGIS QT6 meeting minutes

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 22:12:06 PDT 2023

On Wed, 15 Mar 2023 at 18:45, Julien Cabieces via QGIS-PSC
<qgis-psc at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the meeting minutes!
>
> I'm already planning to continue the effort in
> porting/fixing code for Qt6 in the next months using Oslandia own
> funding, so I'm candidate to join the working group.
>
> > ND: major missing bit: python support. Bulk of the tests are thus not running
> > Packaging issues - Sandro Mani looking into python stuff for fedora
> > (QVariant issues)
>
> Is there a reason why we are switching from ubuntu for Qt5 builds to
> fedora for Qt6 builds ? Because there is already PyQt6 packages in ubuntu:22.10.

Initially Fedora was the *only* platform offering qt6 binaries, so all
the CI setup was done using that. But now that Ubuntu/etc have caught
up I still think it's a good idea to leave the CI with Fedora so that
we get a better spread of testing environments. (Fedora generally has
much more recent gdal/geos/proj/etc so by running CI on this
environment we're more likely to catch issues/test differences across
a wider range of library versions)

Nyall