[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] QGIS QT6 meeting minutes

Loïc Bartoletti lbartoletti at tuxfamily.org
Fri Mar 17 08:05:01 PDT 2023

And …
And of course, the only one unix : FreeBSD, and also Alpine, Mageia,
OpenMandriva, Pisi, Solus :
https://repology.org/project/python:qt6/versions
And xxx as well : https://repology.org/project/pyqt6/versions ;
https://repology.org/project/pyqt6-python3/versions ; etc

Thank you all for this proposal and participation in this effort. I'm
just kidding by listing all the existing distributions, just to refocus
the discussion.

If it is undoubtedly that it is easier for us, developers, to work on
our unix-like systems <insert here your OS>. But, please keep in mind
the main thing: the majority of our users are not on the mentioned systems.

I didn't find the exact statistics, but I bet on something like 90%
windows, 9% mac and the rest between unix like with more than 0.000x for
Debian/Ubuntu and RHEL/CentOS.

Just my 2 cts.

Loïc