[QGIS-Developer] Create layer, start edit session, commit and end edit session does not get me completely out of edit session and get my pan cursor back

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Mon Mar 20 00:48:48 PDT 2023

Hard to tell where the issue is without a minimal reproducible code
example...

Best always use the "with edit():" context instead of manually fiddling
around with startEditing/commitChanges.

And if you use functions that return success codes, make sure you check
them.

Cheers, Hannes

Am 18.03.23 um 00:43 schrieb Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV via
QGIS-Developer:

> I have written code that automatically creates an empty
> QgsVectorLayer, adds it to the layer panel; I add a call to
> vlayer.featureAdded.connect(self.check_size) on the created layer that
> starts an edit session as well as checks that my polygon is within a
> min and max size.  The user can then use QGIS edit tools to add the
> feature.  After one feature is added it commits the changes.  This
> tool is to just draw an AOI so I want to auto close the edit session.
> Though the layer is no longer in edit mode, the edit bullseye cursor
> is still showing.  It seems the edit mode is still in play.  I can
> still draw on the canvas and the shaded polygon shows up as if I am in
> edit mode.  I don’t get an error.  Why does not running
>  commitChanges() completely get me out of edit mode. My fix sine I
> cannot figure this out is to run iface.actionPan().trigger() to get
> myself back in pan mode, but why does this not get done automatically.
>
> If I use QGIS to create an empty layer, toggle editing on by selecting
> that option on the layer in the layer panel, add a feature, and then
> toggle editing off and select save when prompted, I get the pan cursor
> back and I am completely out of edit mode.  What code do I need to run
> to accomplish this in python? I basically just use startEditing and
> commitChanges to start and end an edit session.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luke

Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater

FOSSGIS Konferenz
15.-18. März 2023 in Berlin
https://fossgis-konferenz.de/2023/

WhereGroup-Beiträge auf der FOSSGIS