[QGIS-Developer] Tool to create Mesh from raster layer?

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Mon Mar 20 06:02:50 PDT 2023

Hi Andreas,

There should be a tool to convert vector to mesh (under Processing > Mesh >
TIN Mesh Creation). There will also be some new Processing tools for
handling point clouds. But I am not aware of any Raster > Mesh tools.

Kind regards
Saber

On Mon, 20 Mar 2023 at 13:56, Andreas Neumann via QGIS-Developer <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi QGIS devs,
>
> Is there a tool available to create a Mesh (or TIN as a special mesh
> variation) from a source raster layer containing terrain values?
>
> I did not find one - but maybe I didn't look everywhere.
>
> If not in QGIS - do you know an external Open Source tool that could do
> that, while keeping real world coordinates?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andreas

Saber Razmjooei
www.lutraconsulting.co.uk