[QGIS-Developer] QGIS-CH mini workshop on QGIS installations, file locations, profiles, shared resources, etc.

Julien Moura julien.moura at oslandia.com
Tue Oct 10 04:55:30 PDT 2023

Hi Andreas,

It's good to know that the Swiss QGIS user group organizes common times
for sharing experience and practice. It seems to be a great collective
dynamic!

About the next mini-workshop on QGIS installations and deployment, this
is a topic we're trying to be quite active on at Oslandia by working on
custom packaging for the OSGeo4W installer, un/install workflow
automations (PowerShell) and especially on deployment strategies for
QGIS profiles and customizations. We're relying on QDT (QGIS Deployment
Toolbelt)
<https://guts.github.io/qgis-deployment-cli/misc/credits.html>, a tool
we're developing on a community basis according to customer needs. It is
based on the same synchronization mechanism as the Resource Sharing
plugin <https://github.com/QGIS-Contribution/QGIS-ResourceSharing>
(pseudo-git), a deployment scenario (inspired from ansible) and on an
abstraction of the QGIS profile via a 'profile.json' file.

In addition, there's the Profile Manager plugin, which we recommend
using and to which we plan to contribute to make it capable of exporting
to the QDT formalism.

Regards,

Julien