[QGIS-Developer] QGIS repository management

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Oct 16 07:41:42 PDT 2023

On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 09:59:35AM +1300, Nyall Dawson via QGIS-Developer wrote:

> If you flip the situation, you'll see that yes, you do have trust!
>
> - a complete stranger CANNOT approve their own changes
> - a complete stranger CANNOT approve other stranger's changes
> - a complete stranger CANNOT approve an approved member's changes
>
> vs
>
> - an approved member CANNOT approve their own changes
> - an approved member CAN approve a complete stranger's changes
> - an approved member CAN approve a another approved member's changes

That's partial trust. I'm trusted to be able to judge someone else's
work but not to judge my own work !

Beside the same-company reviews things, consider I could always ask a
friend to file PRs for the sole purpose of me being able to merge them
in (I cannot merge my own...). The policy is flawed to me.

--strk;