[QGIS-Developer] [QGIS-server] Messages: QNetworkDiskCache::prepare() unable to open temporary file

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at naturalgis.pt
Tue Apr 9 15:30:41 PDT 2024

Hi Richard,

the only way I found to have that log message go away is to add manually

[cache]
directory=/path/to/qgis_cache_folder

inside QGIS3.ini wherever your QGIS server installation has created it.

>From the QGIS Server docs it seems to me that setting
"QGIS_SERVER_CACHE_DIRECTORY" in the virtual host should be enough, but it
never worked for me. Maybe I'm not understanding the docs the right way.

Maybe a QGIS Server dev can shed some light here.

This question has been raised few times and really never got a clear
answer, see for example

https://click.pstmrk.it/3ts/www.mail-archive.com%2Fqgis-developer%40lists.osgeo.org%2Fmsg52927.html/InJh/J420AQ/AQ/e672aec2-69f8-43ce-9048-38e907e1991b/1/jSBp6hhw_L
https://click.pstmrk.it/3ts/www.mail-archive.com%2Fqgis-user%40lists.osgeo.org%2Fmsg48102.html/InJh/J420AQ/AQ/e672aec2-69f8-43ce-9048-38e907e1991b/2/o3sFEoAawm

cheers