[QGIS-Developer] Qt6 builds and plugins -- ready for testing!

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 00:10:10 PST 2024

Hi Nyall,

This is great news, thank you all for the efforts.

There was a budget available for QT6 releases so I think it shouldn't
be a problem,  as long as the CI tests pass on QT6 we can make the
experimental builds available for testing.

On Wed, Feb 7, 2024 at 6:10 AM Nyall Dawson via QGIS-Developer
<qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jan 2024 at 07:58, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi list,
> >
> > With some excellent work recently completed by Julien, we're now at a stage where there's no *major* roadblocks preventing plugins from functioning under the Qt6 builds!
>
> OK, given the progress made over the last couple of weeks I feel like
> we're in a position now where we could start making Qt6 based "preview
> releases" available for widespread testing.  How do we feel about
> making non-default, non-recommended Qt6 preview releases of QGIS 3.36
> publicly available? Is there any particular milestone we need to
> achieve before we should consider this?
>
> Nyall

Alessandro Pasotti
QCooperative:  www.qcooperative.net