[QGIS-Developer] GSoC 2024 proposal : QGIS improve the graphical modeler UI and UX

Ismail Sunni imajimatika at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 01:46:35 PST 2024

Hi Valentin,

The proposal looks great, I don't know if someone evaluates the QGIS
graphical modeler.

And as Nyall said, you can cut the scope, and the proposal is still great.

Finally we have another GSoC proposal again for QGIS :)

Good luck!

On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 4:32 PM Jacky Volpes via QGIS-Developer <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi Valentin,
>
> That's quite an impressive proposal!
> I could not agree more with you about the need to have a better design,
> UX, and UI for the modeler.
> However, as Nyall already pointed out, you can be sure that the schedule
> will largely shift seeing the amount of work/features, and I also would
> advise to drop quality of life changes, the proposal still remaining very
> attractive.
>
> I am looking forward to seeing you in Grenoble next month :-)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jacky Volpes
>
> Ingénieur SIG - Oslandia
>

> Le 22/02/2024 à 08:37, Valentin BUIRA via QGIS-Developer a écrit :
>
> Hi qgis developers
>
> My name is Valentin Buira, I'm a french student in urban planning and I'm
> interested in participating in this year Google Summer of Code to improve
> the graphical modeler.
>
> In particular I am interested in improving the user interface(UI) and user
> experience (UX) of the graphical modeler based on my previous experience
> with other node-based applications. If you are familiar with Blender the
> inspiration will be obvious to you but I tried to adapt to the identity and
> features of Qgis like the expression engine.
>
> You can find the proposal at the url :
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iXHMTylTHLljfHBITfuIfJzi4_4hpQifEvj5GkM8OCc/edit?usp=sharing
>
> So far I am happy with my proposal but I'm looking for feedback and
> suggestions, and also tips on the technical feasibility and the schedule of
> the proposal.
>
> On a side note, I will be attending the local code sprint in Grenoble the
> 26 mars. Where I will also discuss this proposal in person.
>
> Best regards,
> Valentin Buira

Ismail Sunni
Software Engineer