[QGIS-Developer] Python version in 3.28.x CVEs

Samer Kaluf Samer.Kaluf at duoplus.nl
Mon Feb 26 04:00:04 PST 2024

Dear developers,

Just had a small question and hopefully I'm at the right address.

We run Qgis 3.28.5 LTR on some computers and Microsoft Security Center seems to be complaining
about the presence of Python.exe version 3.8.5.0 included with 3.28.x LTR Qgis installations.

These are the CVE's linked to this Python version.
[cid:image001.png at 01DA68B1.FFA69BE0]

I read online that updating the Python for Qgis isn't just a copy/replace action.
I was just wondering if this is known and if there are any plans to update Python in future LTR releases ?

Kind regards,

Met vriendelijke groet,
Samer Kaluf
Systeembeheerder ICT