[QGIS-Developer] Settings/Data Source Handling/Prompt: 'never', loads nothing?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Jan 19 11:25:31 PST 2024

Hi,

Creating some gpkg dumps from postgis tables to mail to somebody, I thought to tell them: "just throw them in QGIS to show them"

Then I got the (functional, but slighty annoying) prompt/dialog to select (the one!) layer in it, first.

So reached to settings to find "Prompt for sublayers when opening" and tested the different options.

One thing which strikes me, is that if you choose the "Never" option, and try to load a gpkg via the browser, or via dragging the gpkg on the canvas, NOTHING happens. Nothing is loaded.

Is this intended?

Can others reproduce?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde