[QGIS-Developer] Form Annotation not working in QGIS 3.16.16 or 3.28.14

Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV Luke.A.Catania at erdc.dren.mil
Mon Jan 22 19:37:28 PST 2024

I am using QGIS 3.16.16 as that is what my plugin fully works in but  I am in the process of updating it to a new version of QGIS.

I also tried the form annotation in 3.28.14 with no success.

I followed the video in the help document.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pDBuSbQ02o&t=145s  which is a bit outdated based on it being demoed in QGIS 2, but since the link in given in the QGIS 3.16.16 document I assume nothing has changed.

I create the form and do the name binding naming my lineedit the same name as my attribute field, but when adding the annotation the lineedit is blank.

Any tips on how to get this to work?

Luke