[QGIS-Developer] Request for Initial Feedback on Layer Atlas Plugin

info at opengis.it info at opengis.it
Tue Jul 9 08:27:45 PDT 2024

   Since version 3.38.0 the QtWebEngine export has been added back to qgis.PyQt as you can see here: https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/final-3_38_0/python/PyQt/CMakeLists.txt

   So by installing the standard QGIS .msi just add the dependency via "pip install QtWebEngine" and then use "from qgis.PyQt.QtWebEngineWidgets"

   In any case I just installed QGIS in win10 from the OSGeo4W installer adding only the "python3-pyqtwebengine" dependency and your plugin doesn't work. Crashes QGIS startup.

   Maybe do some testing on new installations.

   As for me, since I believe that most users use qgis via the .msi installation, not via OSGeo4W, it is important for me to understand what to have users install and my goal, when I will at least be able to start my plugin, will be to try to automate these dependencies.

   Isn't it the same for you? How do you solve this "problem"?

   For now I noticed this:

   with qgis 3.38.0 .msi installation this dependency is missing:

   qt5-devel (5.15.13-1)
   Qt5 headers and libraries (Development)
   Required by: python3-pyqtwebengine

   with OSGeo4W setup these dependencies are required:

   python3-core (3.12.4-1)
   Python core interpreter and runtime
   Required by: python3-pyqtwebengine, python3-pyqt5, python3-pyqt5-sip
   python3-pyqt5 (5.15.10-1)
   Python bindings for the Qt cross platform application toolkit
   Required by: python3-pyqtwebengine
   python3-pyqt5-sip (12.13.0-1)
   The sip module support for PyQt5
   Required by: python3-pyqtwebengine, python3-pyqt5
   qt5-devel (5.15.13-1)
   Qt5 headers and libraries (Development)
   Required by: python3-pyqtwebengine
   qt5-libs (5.15.13-1)
   Qt5 runtime libraries
   Required by: python3-pyqtwebengine, python3-pyqt5, qt5-devel, qtwebkit-libs

   Andrea Ordonselli
   OpenGIS.it
   Da "Jean-Baptiste Peter" jbpeter at outlook.com
   A "info at opengis.it" info at opengis.it
   Cc "qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org" qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org
   Data Tue, 9 Jul 2024 13:19:37 +0000
   Oggetto RE: Re:[QGIS-Developer] Request for Initial Feedback on Layer Atlas Plugin

   Did you install PyQtWebEngine “manually” using pip install? If that is the case, it will not be bundled with qgis and needs to be imported from Pyqt directly:

   ‘from qgis.PyQt.QtWebEngineWidgets import QWebEngineView’

   needs to be replaced by :

   ‘from PyQt5.QtWebEngineWidgets import QWebEngineView’

   As of now, the only way to get this working out of the box is to install qgis with Osgeo4W installer.

   Best,

   Jean-Baptiste Peter