[QGIS-Developer] Government CAC PKI Support for web services

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Sun Jul 28 05:09:43 PDT 2024

"Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV via QGIS-Developer"
<qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> writes:

> Is there support in QGIS for accessing web services (WFS, WMS, etc) requiring a gov't CAC?

Translating this to internet standards terminology from US Government,
the question is

  Can one configure a WFS etc. in qgis, when the service has a
  requirement to authenticate using a PCKS11 smartcard?

On POSIX-like systems one would probably use https://pcsclite.apdu.fr/

I suspect this comes down to what library is used for web fetches and if
there is config support for pkcs11 in it.