[QGIS-Developer] Government CAC PKI Support for web services

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 07:23:41 PDT 2024

Hi Greg,
first time I hear about PCKS11 here, maybe just because it is mostly used
and required in the US.
Doing a quick search, it seems the Qt QCA lib supports this protocol, cf.
[0]

My guess, and Alessandro knows more than I do on this front, is that this
needs to be implemented in QGIS, or maybe via a dedicated plugin. I think
that would mean also packaging the qt plugin qt-pkcs11 with your QGIS
install.

Is this a mandatory requirement or optional? If mandatory in your context,
you should probably get in touch with a developper and gather funds to have
this implemented. Maybe others have more informations than I do.

[0]
https://github.com/OpenSC/OpenSC/wiki/Creating-applications-with-smart-card-support/ba9b1848c1ce0dcc5647f8903632713adcd8fd1d#qca

Cheers