[QGIS-Developer] Ubuntu GIS repo with new gdal, LERC and ZSTD support?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Mar 5 00:47:19 PST 2024

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the info about OSGeo Live. We added both the
ubuntu-unstable and the osgeolive ppa and installed the newest version
of gdal from osgeolive (3.8.4).

However, these gdal binaries don't link against libLerc.so.3

I think I will have to compile gdal myself ... as Jürgen pointed out,
neither the Debian-GIS route would work (incompatible) and the
Ubuntu-GIS unstable repos don't integrate libLerc properly and compiled
gdal against it.

libLerc is very useful for us for compressing highly detailed terrain
models.

Thanks anyway, Brian and Jürgen!

Andreas