[QGIS-Developer] Choose DEM layer as terrain in 3D view using PyQGIS

Stefanos Natsis uclaros at gmail.com
Thu May 2 15:03:16 PDT 2024

Hi Abdelghani,

> I've tried to manually export the scene but the results is a bit
disappointing:

This looks like a bug on the exporting code. Have you checked the issue
tracker?

> Also I've seen that in the python API documentation it is mentioned that
Qgs3DMapScene is not available. Which means I cannot export the scene using
pyQGIS?

This note is outdated and should be removed. You can access the
Qgs3DMapScene object in python and do an export:
s = Qgs3DMapExportSettings()
... # setup your export settings
iface.mapCanvases3D()[0].scene().exportScene(s)

Best,
Stefanos