[QGIS-Developer] Build problems using install instructions

Tony Bazeley tonyb at tonyb.id.au
Fri May 3 06:40:44 PDT 2024

Not having much luck I'm afraid

I've done a completely new reinstall and followed the instructions down to
git fetch /qgis/master

at this point
*~/dev/cpp/QGIS/release-3_36*$ git remote -v
origin  https://github.com/qgis/QGIS.git (fetch)
origin  https://github.com/qgis/QGIS.git (push)

and git status
On branch release-3_36
nothing to commit, working tree clean
then
git fetch qgis/master
git fetch qgis
git fetch QGIS
git fetch qgis/QGIS
git fetch master

all return:
fatal:  does not appear to be a git repository
and the repository exists

git fetch https://github.com/qgis/QGIS.git
From https://github.com/qgis/QGIS
* branch                    HEAD       -> FETCH_HEAD
I think this means get all the changes that have occurred prior to doing the next step,and
given this is a fresh install no changes have occurred - but I may well be wrong.

then
git rebase -i  https://github.com/qgis/QGIS.git and
git rebase -i qgis/master
both yield: fatal: invalid upstream 'https://github.com/qgis/QGIS.git'

and at this point
git status

On branch release-3_36
nothing to commit, working tree clean
I've worked through some of the likely problems at https://thelinuxcode.com/git-push-error-repository-not-found-fixed/[1] and all seems to be OK except for permission errors,
although none of those raised are working with branches.

Regards
Tony