[QGIS-Developer] Build problems using install instructions

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri May 3 07:41:41 PDT 2024

Tony Bazeley via QGIS-Developer <qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> writes:

> Not having much luck I'm afraid
>
> I've done a completely new reinstall and followed the instructions down to
> git fetch /qgis/master

Can you point to the instructions?  This all seems very strange.
I would just expect to clone the repo and checkout the branch you want.

(I also don't follow what you are rebasing if you are just trying to
build from git.)

you left out os/version/etc. and didn't show the clone command.

Also, are you already quite familiar with git, and have you successfully
cloned, made changes on a branch, pushed it, with sometthing else?