[QGIS-Developer] Problems using install instructions for latest stable version

Tony Bazeley tonyb at tonyb.id.au
Fri May 3 17:19:14 PDT 2024

The link to instructions was included in the thread initiation email:  https://github.com/
qgis/QGIS/blob/master/INSTALL.md#39-building-different-branches[1]

Also the OS: KDE Neon which runs on Ubuntu 22.04.
I've got to this point as the jammy packages have an incompatibility with neon, and the
flatpack packages are way out of date.

The initial clone command was  git clone https://github.com/qgis/QGIS.git
I'm not at all familiar with git, but have been able to pick up a bit over the last few days
and been able to successfully build the development version.

My problem now is in building the latest stable version - If another method exists that's
fine.

My build tree looks like:
*.*
└── *QGIS*
   ├── *build-master*
   ├── *.ci*
   ├── *cmake*
   ├── *cmake_templates*
   ├── *debian*
   ├── *doc*
   ├── *.docker*
   ├── *editors*
   ├── *external*
   ├── *.git*
   ├── *.github*
   ├── *i18n*
   ├── *images*
   ├── *linux*
   ├── *mac*
   ├── *ms-windows*
   ├── *postinstall*
   ├── *python*
   ├── *release-3_36*
   ├── *resources*
   ├── *rpm*
   ├── *scripts*
   ├── *src*
   ├── *tests*
   └── *.tx*
with *~/dev/cpp/QGIS/release-3_36*$ git status
On branch release-3_36
nothing to commit, working tree clean

--------
[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/INSTALL.md#39-building-different-branches