[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Full Stack Web Developer Report

Lova Andriarimalala lova at kartoza.com
Fri May 17 05:24:16 PDT 2024

Hello everyone.

Please find below the report on the maintenance and development of QGIS-Django, QGIS Feed and QGIS-Hugo for this week:

Migration of the QGIS feed website:

  *   We have successfully migrated the QGIS plugins website to an updated server. Many thanks to Tim and Dimas.
  *   The QGIS feed website now uses up-to-date stacks and packages such as Django 4, Postgresql 16, and the latest Metabase.
  *   Please feel free to share your feedback or create issues about them on the QGIS-Feed repository

PRs deployed on the QGIS plugins website:

  *   Scale the uwsgi container<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Django/pull/399>
  *   Use internal network to fix uwsgi load balancer<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Django/pull/403>

PRs deployed on the QGIS-Hugo:

  *   Fix in page anchor scroll<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Hugo/pull/237>
  *   Make the download link on top in the installation guide<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Hugo/pull/239>
  *   Change all product link occurrences to project<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Hugo/pull/241>
  *   Remove image's black border in get involved page<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Hugo/pull/242>
  *   Fix overlapping boxes in membership page<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Hugo/pull/243>
  *   Replace twitter with Mastodon<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Hugo/pull/245>
  *   Fix guideline page<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Hugo/pull/246>

New PR for the QGIS plugins website:

  *   Human validation download<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Django/pull/405>: this is the proposed fix to reduce the server load according to https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2024-May/054439.html and #402<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Django/issues/402>
  *   Update and document makefile<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Django/pull/404>

Next week, I will attempt to fix and deploy some open PRs. I will also review the issues that need to be addressed in the recent update.

Best regards,

Lova

—
[Image]

Lova Andriarimalala
QGIS Full Stack Developer
Visit http://kartoza.com<http://kartoza.com/> to find out about open source:
* Desktop GIS programming services
* Geospatial web development
* GIS Training
* Consulting Services
Office: +261(0)34 09 524 73<tel:+261340952473>