[Qgis-user] High load on plugins.qgis.org

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue May 14 16:25:56 PDT 2024

Hi all

We have been experiencing a very high load on the plugins server. Despite
moving to a more plugins server the problem is ongoing. We plan to add some
rules that require a captcha or similar if you want to download the zip
files for plugins from the web site (i.e. if the user agent is not QGIS
Desktop), which will hopefully reduce the load on the server somewhat. Lova
will keep you posted as we work on a fix, apologies for the inconvenience
in the meantime.

Regards

Tim

Tim Sutton