[QGIS-Developer] Updating interfaces

Pedro Camargo c at margo.co
Mon May 27 00:39:24 PDT 2024

Hello fellow QGIS'ers.

I have a (new to me) problem in my hands.

I am building an interface to run a large transportation simulation model (https://polaris.taps.anl.gov/polaris-studio/index.html) from a QGIS plugin, and I would like to update the interface as the simulation progresses.

The issue here is that this simulation is done inside a compiled C++ executable from which I cannot emit any QT signals, so I have to do it "manually" by processing the logfile generated by the application.

I currently don't see a way to do this, as the calling the simulation processes captures the GIL and I can't update the interface, but is there another way of doing this?

I am at a bit of a loss, so I appreciate any pointers.

Cheers,

Pedro